Agreements for a Safe Practice Space
These agreements came out of our visioning meeting on May 20th, 2017. We've included our needs at the heart of our agreements.
1. Confidentiality: Personal matters and details shared in the group remain within the group. While we may choose to share our learnings, we will leave personal details shared by members out.
Needs we hope this will serve: Safety, reassurance, and community
2. Meeting Days and Timings: Saturdays, 5:00pm-7:00pm. Not to change unless there is a group consensus. The group will meet even if Manasi, who is currently offering facilitation support, has to travel, in which case other members agree to keep things going and practice!
Needs we hope this will serve: Stability, ease, meaning, and growth
3. Curriculum: We will focus on a curriculum decided by the group to serve our learning needs. For the first few months, we intend to focus on the chapters of "Nonviolent Communication: A Language for Life" by Marshall Rosenberg, with support from the NVC Workbook, by Lucy Leu. We also intend to have recaps after every 3-6 sessions.
Read below for more on our current curriculum.
Needs we hope this will serve: Community, learning, focus, and growth
4. Whatsapp Group: To be used primarily for information and logistical sharing, and questions related to the previous practice sessions.
Needs we hope this will serve: Clarity, ease, and focus
5. Openness and New Members: We are open to, and in fact we would really enjoy and warmly welcome, new members at any time, regardless of experience with NVC!
Needs we hope this will serve: Openness, warmth, sustainability, community, peace, hope, and inclusion!
Please note: Older members are requested to debrief any interested people a little, and arrive an hour earlier on the next practice session, for a deeper orientation to the concept and curriculum.
Please get in touch with Manasi (+91-7011352079, email@example.com) for more information.