NVC Noida Practice Group: Current Curriculum
Our collective learning needs, which we explored in our first session, lead to the following curriculum.
For the first few months, we agree to follow Marshall Rosenberg's book "Nonviolent Communication: A Language for Life", with support from the NVC Workbook by Lucy Leu. We agreed on experimenting with a suggested structure for our practice sessions.
1. Reading: Everyone is requested to read the current chapter before the practice session. One person (a rotating responsibility) shall write up and share a short (300-400 word) summary on the chapter at the beginning of each session, covering:
- What touched you in this chapter?
- What questions and thoughts came up for you while reading?
We have some time for discussing and sharing thoughts each week.
2. Practice: Each week, we will take practices from the current chapter, focusing on one chapter a week, unless the chapter requires more focus, in which case we may extend it to two sessions. We also agree to have recaps after every 3-6 sessions to make sure we are all on the same page.
3. Journal: We also intend to focus on Journaling for each chapter, with take home exercises that we will review every week!
4. Learning Pace: We agree to go at everyone's pace, so that we are learning together.
6. Mailing List: We also intend to send out the summaries each week on a mailing list that members are welcome to sign up for!
5:00 - 5:10: Check in and landing
5:10 - 5:20: Questions from the last week and summaries and discussion for the current week.
5:30 - 6:40: Practice, with a short break in between
6:40 - 6:50: Journaling
6:50 - 7:00: Check out and agreements for the next week